Assistant Technical Superintendant (RoRo)
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL SUPERINTENTDENT (RORO)
Seatruck Ferries is a UK-based company which offers Irish sea freight-only ferry services, with circa 70 sailings per week, across 3 routes (Liverpool-Dublin, Heysham-Dublin, Heysham-Warrenpoint) and 4 ports (Liverpool, Heysham, Dublin, Warrenpoint). There are currently approximately 500 employees across sea and shore, with extra manpower from a number of contractors.
Assistant Technical Superintendent working within the Fleet and Crewing Department, primarily assisting Superintendents as part of their professional development.
- Assisting with the general/technical management of vessels in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Assisting to ensure vessels are maintained in accordance with Flag, Class and Company requirements.
- Responsibilities include assisting with day-to-day management, maintenance and repair, budget planning, survey schedules and internal audits/inspections.
- Assisting Superintendents in preparing vessels for dry dock/refit in accordance with budget requirements.
- Be familiar with current and forthcoming statutory legislation.
- Working closely with internal departments including Operations, Safety, Marine, Commercial and IT
- Reviewing and participating in Fleet Performance project and be responsible for MRV/DCS reporting and verification.
The role would suit a Marine Engineer looking for the first move ashore. Equally a person with shipping experience currently in a shore based technical role within ship management, or similar function.
The role will be fully supported to enable the individual to development and expand knowledge within a dynamic ship management environment. Internal and external training will be provided to assist development.
Seatruck Ferries are a forward thinking, progressive company offering a rewarding and challenging career with flexibility and an attractive package.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 19th October.
All candidates should have the right to work in the UK